How to get started
- Just type your question in the bottom box and wait for a response.
- Librarians from InterLINK (Lower Mainland) libraries will assist you.
- The service operates Monday to Thursday (10 am to 8 pm) and Friday (10 am to 5 pm).
Who can use the service?
- We will assist all patrons who approach the service through Interlink libraries' websites, answering questions from BC patrons or about BC within operational capacity.
- When answering questions from non-residents, staff will try to refer patrons to their home library resources.
What kinds of questions can you ask?
We respond to all types of questions that are typically answered by library staff:
- Research questions
- Quick reference and directional questions
- Bibliographic questions
- Literature searches
- Reader's advisory
We do not:
- Complete homework assignments or answer essay questions
- Complete skill-testing questions for contests
- Prepare extensive bibliographies, nor conduct extensive research (e.g. genealogical or heraldry research)
- Translate passages from other languages
- Offer legal, financial, or medical advice
- Make referrals or recommendations of commercial enterprises