Port Moody Public Library offers free loans of Sony Wi-Fi and Kobo Touch eReaders to registered cardholders. Readers are preloaded with 85 titles; you can also download free titles from the library's eBook (Library to Go) collection.
The purpose of these loans is to allow customers the opportunity to experience use of eReaders and to learn more about the availability of digital content, prior to making a purchase decision.
Reserving an eReader
To reserve an eReader:
- Search for "Kobo eReader" or "Sony eReader" in our catalogue.
- Then click on "Place hold" .
- You will be notified by the Library when your eReader is available for loan.
- Loan limit: 1 eReader per customer with a valid library card
- Loan period: 21 days
- Renewals: 2 renewals are permitted unless there are holds on that reader
- Overdue fines: $1.00 per day per unit
- Lost or damaged charges: $250.00 will be assessed for lost eReader kits (all contents of each eReader kit must be returned together). There are separate recovery costs for loss or damage to individual kit parts.
- Checkin and checkout: Only available in person at the library circulation counter during open hours. Please return eReaders to library staff rather than through the book return slot.