Beat the summer slide by joining the Summer Reading Club. Kids who read for 15 minutes for 50 days will receive a special reading medal. Read anywhere, any time, and anything!
How it works
- Register at the library, and receive a reading booklet to keep track of your reading.
- Read for 15 minutes a day and record the titles in your reading booklet.
- Collect a custom sticker for every 7 days of reading.
- After 50 days of reading, bring your booklet to the library to pick up a ticket for the Medal Ceremony on Saturday, August 25th.
- Trade your ticket for a gold reading medal at the Ceremony in the Inlet Theatre on Saturday, August 25th.
Can't make it to the ceremony? Collect your medal anytime from August 26 to September 19 at the Library's Information Desk.
Splash the Staff
Kick off the summer reading club by throwing water balloons at the library staff.
Saturday, July 7, 2-2:30pm
Older kids and teens can also join the Teen Summer Reading Club.