Take advantage of the collections, programs and services that we have on offer for adults:
• In person by visiting the library
• Check our online event calendar or view program highlights
• From your home or office with our digital resources
• Via phone, email or chat with our Ask a librarian service
Need help with a research project or just finding information on a topic of interest? Come in, phone or visit us online and we'll point you in the right direction.
Readers and writers
What do you want to read today? We can help find your next favourite book.
• Come in, phone or visit us online and tell us what you're interested in and we can recommend something
• Check out suggestions in our catalogue using Explore.
• Watch for author visits and writing workshops in our event calendar.
Go beyond books
Download audiobooks and eBooks for your listening and reading pleasure. DVDs, music CDs, online newspapers, online magazines and other eResources are also available.
Programs and classes
Our event calendar provides up-to-date information on our free programs and classes.
• Want to learn more about computers? Take a free hands-on class.
• Interested in books? Come to an author visit.
• Interested in writing? Watch for writing workshops.
• New to Canada? Language learning classes, English practice groups and citizenship information are all available.
Wander through the library to enjoy the hanging and static art displays provided by local artists. Find out how to be our artist of the month.
Join a book club today
The only thing better than reading a book is talking about books with friends. PMPL has three book clubs to choose from – for more information check our event calendar.
Inlet Book Club
An afternoon literary book discussion group that meets the 1st Wednesday of each month (1:00 – 3:00 pm) in the ParkLane Room. New members welcome.
Ex Libris Talking Book Club
Primarily a book discussion group for print-disabled or visually impaired persons, but all are welcome. Meets the 1st Friday of each month (11:00 am to 12:30 pm) in the ParkLane Room. Call Renelle for more information at 604-469-4637.
Adult Learners Book Club
This is a book discussion group for new readers of English. All adult learners, including ESL, are welcome. Meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month (7:00-8:30 pm) in the ParkLane Room.
Four out of ten Canadian adults struggle with low literacy. We have collections to assist adult learners:
• Books, CDs, and DVDs about English grammar, pronunciation, spelling, and vocabulary
• Picture dictionaries
• Read-along books and CD sets
• Easy-reading books for adults
• GED resources
Check here for information on local organizations that support adult learners.
Special needs assistance
The library provides a variety of services for people with print disabilities or visual impairments.