Loan limits and loan periods
• Maximum of 50 items at one time.
• 1 Express DVD per customer.
All materials have a 21 day loan period except for:
• Adult & children's DVDs (7 day loan)
• Express books (7 day loan)
• Express DVDs (3 day loan)
• Children's holiday books (7 day loan)
Returns and renewals
• When the library is open, return material inside the library through the slots at the circulation desk.
• When the library is closed, return material through the bookdrop outside the library front entrance.
All materials, except Express books, Express DVDs and interlibrary loans, can be renewed twice if there are no holds on them. You can renew materials in the following ways:
• Online (from home or at the library) through your library account in My Library.
• In person at the library circulation desk.
• By telephone (604)469-4575. Select option 2.
Lost or damaged items
LOST: If you lose an item, you will be charged the price we paid and a processing fee. Should you find the item at a later date, we will issue a partial refund.
DAMAGED: You will be charged a replacement cost and a processing fee if the item is unusable.
Overdues & fines
Fines are charged only if materials are returned or renewed after the due date. Please note that borrowing and internet privileges will be temporarily suspended if your fines total more than $10.00.
Fines for adult materials
Adult DVDs: 50¢ per day (maximum $10 per item)
Express books & DVDs: $1.00 per day (maximum $10 per item)
All other adult materials: 35¢ per day (maximum $5 per item)
Fines for children's materials:
Children's DVDs: 25¢ per day (maximum $5 per item)
All other children's materials: 10¢ per day (maximum $5 per item)