Can't find the item you're looking for on the library shelves?
Place a hold
Check our catalogue to see if the Library owns the item.
- If we own the item and it is on loan, place a hold. This will put you on a waiting list for the title.
- We will contact you via email or phone when the item is available for pick-up.
- Log in to My Library to see what number you are on the waiting list.
Request an interlibrary loan
- If we don't own an item, we can try to borrow it from another library system by submitting an interlibrary loan request
- Please provide as much information as you can (e.g. author, title, ISBN, publisher, edition) so we can borrow the correct item for you
You can use the Outlook Online catalogue to help you find the necessary information.
- It can take up to six weeks to get an item from another library
- You may have a maximum of eight active interlibrary loan requests at one time.
- There are certain types of material that may not be requested:
- Items already owned by Port Moody Library
- Books published within the last 12 months
- Non-book formats such as DVDs or music CDs
- Some libraries may choose to not loan certain items, such as high-demand titles, magazines, or reference books
Suggest a purchase
- Suggest a purchase if there is something missing in our collection
- We welcome suggestions for titles that are:
- Of wide interest to our community
- Published within the past two years
- We are not able to take suggestions for:
- Specialized materials
- Books or DVDs that have not been published
- Bestsellers that are purchased automatically. Check our catalogue frequently to see if they have been ordered.