- We offer eight computers equipped with free internet access and Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Your library card allows computer access of up to two hours per day.
- Computers are available on a first-come first-served basis. Same day reservations can be made if all the stations are busy.
- Our Quickstop computer does not require a card and is available for 15 minute use only.
Printing and copying
- You can print from any public computer to our public print station.
- We also have a coin-op photocopier for your copying needs.
- Printing and copying costs 20¢ per page for black & white, and 50¢ per page for colour.
- We have two computer workstations equipped with adaptive technology. More information on this equipment is available on our special needs assistance page.
- Free computer and internet classes are offered at various times throughout the year.
- These are intended to teach you the basics and include topics such as: basic computer skills, internet basics and email.
- View our online event calendar or program highlights for more details.
We provide a wireless service for customers who wish to connect to the internet using their own laptops and other wireless devices. This service is available from all locations within the library.
- Please be aware that the public wireless networks are not secure and information sent to or from your equipment can be captured by rogue users on the same network.
- Information sent from or to your device may be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software, within three hundred feet.
- Customers are responsible for the security of their own equipment and data in a public wireless environment, and are advised to consider installing a software firewall and the latest security patches and updates.
Most laptops, netbooks and other hand-held devices should automatically detect our wireless network.
- Select the "PM_WiFi_MESH" wireless network.
- Open an internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- Read our Welcome Page, then click on "I Agree" button at bottom of page.
Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and, unfortunately, no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection. Customers are responsible for the wireless network setup on their own equipment.
- Most operating systems (Windows XP/Vista/7/CE/Phone, Mac OS X, Android) and laptop computers will automatically detect the Library's wireless connection without requiring additional configuration.
- Older equipment may need to be configured to use DHCP.
- Other system requirements for your laptop or notebook computer are as follows:
- TCP/IP protocol installed
- Functional wireless Network Interface card that is at least IEEE 802.11B or 802.11G (Wi-Fi) compatible. Most laptops now being produced include built-in wireless but you may need to purchase a wireless card.