- We offer eight computers equipped with free internet access and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Your library card allows computer access of up to two hours per day.
- Guest cards are available if you do not have a library card or if you are a visitor.
- Computers are available on a first-come first-served basis. Same day reservations can be made if all the stations are busy.
Printing and copying
- You can send a print job from our public computers or wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or home computer. More information is available on our wireless printing page.
- We also have a coin-op photocopier for your copying needs.
- Printing and copying costs 20¢ per page for black & white, and 50¢ per page for colour.
- We have a computer workstation equipped with adaptive technology. More information on this equipment is available on our special needs assistance page.
We provide a wireless service for customers who wish to connect to the internet using their own laptops and other wireless devices. This service is available from all locations within the library.
- Please be aware that the public wireless networks are not secure and information sent to or from your equipment can be captured by rogue users on the same network.
- Information sent from or to your device may be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software, within three hundred feet.
- Customers are responsible for the security of their own equipment and data in a public wireless environment, and are advised to consider installing a software firewall and the latest security patches and updates.
Most laptops and mobile devices should automatically detect our wireless network.
- Select the "pomopublic" wireless network.
- Open an Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- Read our Welcome Page, then click on "I Agree" button at bottom of page.
Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and, unfortunately, no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection. Customers are responsible for the wireless network setup on their own equipment.
- Most laptops and mobile devices will automatically detect the Library's wireless connection without requiring additional configuration.
- Older equipment may need to be configured to use DHCP.
- Other system requirements for your laptop or notebook computer are as follows:
- TCP/IP protocol installed
- Functional wireless Network Interface card that is at least IEEE 802.11B or 802.11G (Wi-Fi) compatible. Most laptops now being produced include built-in wireless but you may need to purchase a wireless card.