Skype lets you make video and voice calls to people around the world for free. All you need is your phone, tablet or laptop (with webcam and microphone), and an internet connection. Use Skype to stay in touch with your friends and family, or conduct group and business meetings.
This hands-on workshop will show you how to:
- Set up an account and customize your profile
- Find and add contacts
- Make and receive video and phone calls
To get the most out of this workshop:
Registration for this free program begins Jan 2. Please call 604-469-4577 or visit the library information desk
- Bring your own phone, tablet or laptop to get hands-on practice
If you only have a desktop computer, you are welcome to joint the class and watch the demo
- Install the Skype app (LINK TO https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/) ahead of time.
Not sure how? Drop by the library with your device and we can show you.
- Bring your email address. You will need an email to set up a Skype account.